My study of the scriptures has had a profound effect on my life. As I have studied, I have grown closer to God and found answers to real challenges in my life. This blog is a scripture journal that records insights I have discovered in the past and continue to gain as I search, ponder, and pray.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

2 Nephi 5 Skin of Darkness

The Lord caused a skin of darkness to come upon the Lamanites. I've thought for a long time that this meant more of a countenance change than a pigment change. I know people who have forsaken the Gospel and their countenance literally becomes darker. I've also know people, my uncle included, who embraced the Gospel, and very literally they become lighter.

A few days ago Martin and I were talking about baptism by fire. I think that as the Holy Ghost purifies our lives through our daily (hopefully) processes, we begin to change physically. We become purified. We become changed and begin to look and be more like God.

No comments:

Post a Comment